Friday, November 4, 2011

Complaints.

Sometimes it's hard to find things to be thankful for throughout your day-and most times, it's hard to remember to take a break from all of the complaining, step back and realize that it's really NOT so hard to find things to be thankful for. I get so caught up in the daily "ugh" that I forget that my life truely is wonderful and blessed.
Take this week for example.
Monday: (negative) had to take the kids to get their flu vaccines by myself.
(positive) the kids got the mists vs the shot-my life was made significantly easier.
(positive) I am lucky enough to have a very involved partner, who is typically present for things like this, so the fact that I had to do it alone was hard-but very much the exception, not the rule.
(negative) it was hard to keep the kids focused enough to get into their costumes.
(positive) my kids HAD costumes to get in to.
(positive) Jason's new job allowed him to work from home so that he could join us-so I had another set of hands to help.
(positive) lack of focus was due to the fact that they were happy and excited.

Thursday: (negative) Hayden is sick and I barely got any sleep the night before.
(positive) I get to stay home with him and take care of him...and nap when they do.
(positive) I have a great doctor that got him right in and treated him and he's on the mend
(positive) I got lots and lots of extra cuddles

See. The things I complain about, whine about, vent about...really aren't that bad. I am a lucky woman. My kids are lucky. My husband is lucky.
I heard something the other day on The Rosie Show (yuck). If everyone put all of their troubles in a bag and then we all piled them up and were told to choose one, most people would still go back and choose their own. I guess we'd all rather deal with the "problems" that we're dealt than anyone else's. Something to think about. You're welcome.

No comments: