Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Hayden...Just Like Uncle Brandyn!!!





When Brandyn was Hayden's age, every time Mom would bake a cake he would insist that it was his birthday...so what was a mother to do??? She would put a candle in his piece, and we would all have to sing to him. That memory has always stuck with me, and I've always thought it was just a silly little thing my brother did. Well, last night Hayden and I baked a cake, and when it was finished he insisted that it was HIS birthday cake, and that he needed a candle to blow out. So...I took a cue from my mom...and here he is...celebrating his "birthday" in September!!! Happy Birthday Hayden!!!

1 comment:

Jamie Short said...

That is so funny Dawn! Guess what? Devin does the same thing, but with my candles in the house. Every night after we brush his teeth he has to blow out my candles and we sing happy birthday to him and everyone else he can think of. (Even Thomas the Train!) Gotta love all the cute little things they do!