Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Welcome to the World Jackson Kinnick Jason Morehead!

Dr. Morris showing off Jackson...his very first photo!!!
He showed us what a strong set of lungs he has right from the start!!!

A tad unhappy...but SO stinkin perfect!!!

Taa-Daa...7 lbs 12 oz...our BIG baby boy!!!

2 very proud parents and our new baby angel!

Jackson Kinnick Jason was born on February 19th at 8:01 am. He weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and was 19 1/4 inches long. The c-section was MUCH less traumatic that I had imagined, and actually went off without much of a hitch. It took less than 10 minutes from when I recieved my spinal block until he was out...which absolutely amazed Jason and I and made it all seem so surreal. I fell in love with him the moment Dr. Morris stepped around the curtain and showed him to me (Jason was too chicken to look until he was cleaned up a bit)...and we were ALL suprised to see how much our big man weighed...almost 2 full pounds more than his big brother's birth weight! No wonder I was so stinkin' uncomfy!! Lucky Daddy was the first to hold him (again) and their bond was immediate! We were so happy and relieved that it was all over and that everyone was healthy...it was an amazing day for the Morehead family!

2 comments:

Mommy Andersen said...

We can't wait to meet the little stinker!

Leslie said...

Congratulations!!!

What a doll and you guys are so brave!