Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I am one proud Mommy...HE DID IT!!!




Okay, so I know I'm jumping ahead a bit here...I have a million and 10 things that I need to post, but I just couldn't help myself...WE HAVE HUGE NEWS!!!!


As most of you know (yes, I've been a little excited), Hayden got his BIG BOY FURNITURE TODAY!!! I was feeling a little apprehensive has the day was getting closer, but I kept focused on what a big milestone it is for Hayden. The truck came around 10:30 this morning, and Hayden and I both met the movers at the door. We showed them where to go with everything, and then we sat on the couch and waited. After everything was put together and the trash was all removed, Hayden and I were finally allowed to take a peek!!! WOW!!! What a huge difference!!! Regretably, I left his crib in his room, thinking that we might possibly still need it...just in case...cuz once it's out, it's out. At the moment I'm wishing we would have had them remove it for us...but ask me again after a few nights and we'll see how it's going.
Anyway, after the guys left, Hayden and I put his room together-or as together as it's going to get with an extra bed and a chair that's too big for the room. His bed looks adorable-big, but adorable!!! I'm thrilled with the actual furniture too...it looks fantastic, and I'm so glad that we went with the black...even though I know it'll be a dusting nightmare!!! :)
After we got the room put together, we had a nice...LONG...lunch, and then it was NAPTIME...dum da dum dum!!! We went in to his room, he chose a few books, and then decided that instead of reading them in his chair, we would read them on his bed. Okay with me. We crawled in and proceeded to read 3 books-all upbeat, fun books. After we finished, I went thru the regular routine...blankets, kisses from Tulsa Monkey and Puppy, kisses from me...a few snuggles, and I was out the door. I decided to fold some laundry and do a few things in the living room in case he decided to make a break for it. At first all was quiet. Then I heard him singing and giggling to himself...and within 10 minutes...silence. I thought it was too good to be true, and he had to have somehow escaped. I peeked in...and...taa daa...SOUND ASLEEP!!!
I am SO proud of my little guy!! He's so stinking big...and it's funny...but he always adapts WAY more quickly than I ever think he will. I guess he was ready for his own space...outside of the bars. My only question now is...will he still yell for me to get him up when he wakes? Time will tell!!!
Congratulations Hayden...on your very first nap in your big boy bed!!! I love you bunches Sweetie...and Mommy is so VERY proud of you!!!!

No comments: