Thursday, July 31, 2008

Remembering Vacation...Pictures Are A Key to the Past!

This morning Hayden and I were looking at pictures from our vacation with the Andersens in the Ozarks. He really enjoyed seeing the pictures of "the REALLY dark cave" that we toured...and even more so...the pictures of Hayden and Chloe swimming. Since our vacation, we haven't talked much about Chloe or Haley and Nathan...they're mentioned in our prayers, but we haven't been talking to him or asking him about the vacation. However, today while we were looking at the pictures, he pointed at Chloe in the pool and said "Drew swimming!"...I looked at him, ready to correct, but he had it covered and said, "No CHLOE swimming!". Then I pointed at Haley and asked him what her name is, and he replied, with NO hesitation, "June". And Nathan? He drew a blank. (sorry Uncle Nate!)

Oh! Later this afternoon, Hayden was in the tub (messy lunch, don't ask), and I was talking to Haley. He must have overheard me mention Chloe, because all of a sudden...in his own little world...he was yelling Chloe's name and having a full conversation with her. When I asked him if he missed her, his response was, "NO WAY MOMMY!!"...but then he went on to tell me that she wasn't napping, she was playing, and that she needs milk and juice!

It's so cute how he's still remembering Chloe after our trip. She must have made a big impression. This also shows me that his memory is really improving...he's getting to be such a big boy!!!

No comments: