Saturday, July 26, 2008

New Milestone...for Mom and Dad...errr...and Hayden!!!

Today was a big day in the Morehead household...we finally took the plunge and bought Hayden his BIG BOY FURNITURE!!! We have been looking and looking...and looking (just ask Jeannie!!)...and after literally months of talking, looking, crying...you know, the usuals for us...we found a set we loved at NFM today. It took us 2 trips to the dreaded store-TODAY-the trips broken up in to a lunch break/decision making session...but we finally did it!! We were all so happy-until we walked out of the store. We told Hayden that he's getting a big boy bed, and immediately he said, "No. I don't want it. I want Hayden's bed. Michael have big boy bed." Yikes. And of course, this put Jason into a deep depression, realizing that we're taking our baby out of his crib and putting him in something big and different...and because of Hayden's reaction, all he keeps saying to me is, "Hayden doesn't WAAAANT it". Lord Help Me!

I do have to admit that it's a little sad for me too. I can still fool myself into thinking he's still a baby at night when I go in to check on him and he's all curled up and precious in his crib. It seems like just yesterday that we were setting his nursery up, and anxiously awaiting his arrival. Time has gone so fast. How is it possible that he's 2? That he's talking and walking and going to a BIG BOY BED??? Next thing I know he'll be heading off to college. Woa.

And then I remember...the crib is still going to be in use!!! Probably for another 2 years we'll still have a baby angel in there, curled up and looking precious. And Hayden, of course, will still look precious...and he'll always be my baby. Sorry Buddy...but no matter what...you'll ALWAYS BE MOMMY'S BABY!!! No big boy bed (or college acceptance letter) is going to change that!!!!

3 comments:

Sarah@sweetpeaandjojo.blogspot.com said...

OH I hope the transition goes well! We took the side off of Leah's crib a few months ago but it's time for a twin bed for her too!

Jamie Short said...

Good luck Moreheads! I hope the transition is very smooth for you. I can't believe that Devin has been in his big boy bed for 8 months already. I remember being very stressed at night wondering what he was doing in his room, able to move about so independently. I would seriously get out of bed every hour to go and check on him for like 2 weeks! I'm sure Hayden will do so well for you. He may get so excited to have it that he will just blow you guys away! Miss you guys!

Drew and Lauren said...

Good luck! He will do great! Tell him that Dora sleeps in a big bed!