Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rubber Duckie...Jackson's 1

As I do every single year, I agonized over the "theme" for Jackson's first birthday party...and after lots of thinking, researching and more thinking...I decided to go with Rubber Duckies. I remember planning Hayden's first birthday, and I actually struggled because there were SO many things that he liked already. (of course, we ended up going with something he had ZERO interest in at the time...but it was cute!) But with Jackson, he doesn't show much interest in specific things, ie: toys, cartoons, books, etc. After thinking about it tho, I realized that the highlight of everyday for him is BATHTIME...and what could be cuter than duckies, right!?!?! So duck hunting I went...and ducks I found!!! I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get any photos of the party ROOM completely decorated, but let me just say...there were ducks galore! Jackson had a ball playing with the balloons we had blown up and scattered across the floor to resemble bubbles...he had lots of his little friends there, his Nana, Papa, Uncle Brandyn and Great Grandpa drove down from Iowa. His Godmother Jeannie and her family came from Nebraska, and his Godfather Andrew made it down in a snow/fog storm from Iowa. We felt so blessed by all of the people there who love our little guy and who WANTED to be there to celebrate with him. Thanks to all of you for making it such a fun celebration!!!
I was one proud Mama!!!
Well, we tried...little stinkers!

Our sweet boys...they're both absolutely precious!

Daddy and Jackson..

Jackson and Uncle Brandyn...just keepin' it real

No comments: