Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Watching the Baby Brother Show!

Just like when I was pregnant with Hayden, our regular OB wants us to be seen by a Perinatologist just to make sure everything is going smoothly and so that they're familiar with us on the off chance that something would go wrong.

Our first appointment was today, and honestly, it couldn't have gone any better!! The 3 of us loaded up on the van and headed in to Kansas City. We got to the office a bit early (yes, that's right...the Moreheads were EARLY!!), I filled out the paperwork, and they called us back...NO WAIT (boy was Jason impressed!!) It was a very painless appointment (my favorite kind)...the only thing they did was an ultrasound, and as always, it was amazing!!! Our little guy was sucking his thumb, moving his mouth, doing lots of kicks and flutters...he was very active, and it was so nice to get to WATCH instead of just FEEL!!! The doctor measured his head, legs and tummy and said that everything looks great-he's measuring right on schedule (which is a concern with my uterus), and that she has no reason to believe that I won't carry to term again. Whew. What a relief. Me being...well...me...had to ask...IF something would go wrong, how far along do I need to be before the baby would be okay if I delivered. She said that any time after 24 weeks they expect survival, and any time after 34 weeks they won't even attempt to stop labor. I am 25 weeks...so 9 weeks to go and we're in the clear (of course we're hoping to make it to 39)!!

While it was amazing to hear all of this good news, what made it all even better was watching Hayden's face when he got to see his baby brother for the very first time!!! He pointed and giggled, and it almost seemed as though he understood what he was seeing. The closer that we get to meeting our little guy, the more confident I become that Hayden is going to be an AWESOME big brother!!! I absolutely CAN'T WAIT to see my 2 little miracles together!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news Dawn, and a huge relief! Thanks for keeping us informed.
Much Love,
Aunt Liz

Mommy Andersen said...

How amazing. I'm glad that Hayden got to share that special moment with you all.

Love ya!
Haley