Sunday, November 2, 2008

Hayden's 3rd Halloween!!!

To say Trick-or-Treating was a sucess would be an understatement!! For those of you who don't know Hayden very well...or who aren't caware of his "strong-willed personality"... let me just say that I was a bit nervous that we wouldn't even get him in his costume...let alone ring a doorbell or speak at the doors!!! Boy did I underestimate my kiddo!!! Not only did he put his ADORABLE zebra costume on, but he even let me paint his nose and loved every second of it!!! The night of trick-or-treating was a warm one, and his costume was also very warm...but he handled it like a champ!!! ...and can I just repeat...HE LOOKED ADORABLE!!! Unfortunately I have absolutely NO idea how to share any of the pictures that we took...with my battery charger still not here, we took a couple of shots with my phone and also with our old camera (which we also can't find the charger cord for...grrr...), but I will work on snagging some pictures and getting them posted ASAP!!!

Anyway, after we got him all suited up, we hit the streets of our subdivision. We started out around 6:00, and honestly, we were the only people out there for awhile. We had some light to start with though, and I'm glad we did it that way. We went next door for our first house, and Hayden walked right up, rang the bell, and very boldly stated, "trick-or-treat!!". Jason and I were SO proud!!! He continued to do this at all 30-something houses we hit!!! He always thanked the people and even told most of them, "Happy Halloweeeeeen". Very sweet!

I have to say that the only negative thing about our adventure, is the massive amount of candy he now has in his posession!! He is absolutely thrilled, and is constantly asking for a piece of it. The first night, we did allow him to have about 3 things...and he was an insane child...literally bouncing off the walls...since then however, we've limited it to 1 piece after dinner...and honestly, today, he didn't even have any. Whew. The logical mother in me just wants to dump it all and be done...but the "I've been a kid before and understand the importance of CANDY", just can't do it...yet.

So, anyway...Hayden's 3rd Halloween was a success!! He "got it" and we all had a great time!! ...just wish we had a few pictures to share...

No comments: