Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Baby Update

I can't believe it...on Thursday I will be 36 weeks...and while the majority of this pregnancy has FLOWN by, these past few weeks have stalled a bit, and I'm very, very ready to NOT be pregnant...EVER again!!!
I have been going to see my ob (Dr. Morris) every two weeks now for the past month, and things have been going really well. Heartbeat has been strong, my weight gain has slowed down to a normal pace (thank you very much), and my blood pressure has been normal...(despite my cankles and swollen face). We've also been having our monthly ultrasounds, which are always very exciting for all 3 of us. Hayden loves getting to see his brother on the tv, and of course, Jason and I can't wait to see our little boy's face and are amazed by how much he changes each month. The last time we went (about 3 weeks ago), our little stinker had flipped and gone in to the "head down" position, which made things a bit more difficult on Mommy...just as his brother had done. Stinkers! However, everything looked really good as far as development and size...he was measuring right were he should be...another miracle!
The doctor who preformed the u/s did mention that there was a small pouch of fluid around Baby's kidney, but that it's fairly normal in boys, and it could correct itself after birth. Hopefully he's right, and Baby doesn't have to have anything additional done to correct it. When I asked my ob/pediatrician about it at our last visit, she didn't sound overly concerned either, and basically just told me that we'd wait to see what happens after he's here. Please say a prayer or two for our little guy that everything works itself out.
The biggest news that I have to share is...yesterday we got the phone call we'd been waiting on...my c-section is officially "on the books"...it is scheduled for Thursday, February 19th at 7:30 am. Whew...I can't believe how close that is...it'll be here before we know it!!!

No comments: